NASA - Poster - Acrylic - 14. NGC 346 (NIRCam Image) - James Webb Space Telescope
The Acrylic print of the 14th poster of the James Webb Space Telescope. The telescope again shows the amazing beautiful galaxies so far away and yet so close to your home.
NGC 346, shown here in this image from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope Near-Infrared Camera (NIRCam), is a dynamic star cluster that lies within a nebula 200,000 light years away. Webb reveals the presence of many more building blocks than previously expected, not only for stars, but also planets, in the form of clouds packed with dust and hydrogen.
The plumes and arcs of gas in this image contains two types of hydrogen. The pink gas represents energized hydrogen, which is typically as hot as around 10,000 °C (approximately 18,000 °F) or more, while the more orange gas represents dense, molecular hydrogen, which is much colder at around -200 °C (approximately -300 °F) or less, and associated dust.
The colder gas provides an excellent environment for stars to form, and, as they do, they change the environment around them. The effect of this is seen in the various ridges throughout, which are created as the light of these young stars breaks down the dense clouds. The many pillars of glowing gas show the effects of this stellar erosion throughout the region.
SCIENCE: NASA, ESA, CSA, Olivia C. Jones (UK ATC), Guido De Marchi (ESTEC), Margaret Meixner (USRA)
IMAGE PROCESSING: Alyssa Pagan (STScI), Nolan Habel (USRA), Laura Lenkić (USRA), Laurie E. U. Chu (NASA Ames)
Star Clusters, Emission Nebulas, Nebulas, Star Forming Regions
High quality Acrylic Print. Reproduction based on original painting/image.
Characteristics / Material
Characteristics / Material
Acrylic prints are light, shatterproof and resists temperature changes. By printing on Acryl the reproduction is enhanced and more intense.
- Includes hanging kit with screws.
- Screw hole: The center of the hole is positioned 14mm (0.55in) from each edge in each corner. One hole in each corner - regardless of format.
- Screw hole diameter: 8mm (0.31in).
- Diameter of the head of the screw: 15mm (0.6in).
- Crystal clear 4mm acrylic prints.
- Straight cut corners.
- Free Worldwide Shipping.
- Produced locally near you where possible.
- Expected delivery: 4-7 business days.
- Acrylic prints are packaged with strong edges to protect the items.
- In addition, we wrap the items in bubble wrap or kraft paper for additional protection.
- They will be covered with a protective film on the face of the image, this film will vary in color depending upon supplier & it could be milky, green, or blue typically.
- These protective films can be mistaken for scratches, bubbles, or a colored cast to a print/glass.