See this Gloster Gladiator defending the island of Malta against the Italians in the Second World War. The Gloster Gladiator was built in the 1930s and was the last biplane to be build. It was actually only retired in the early 1950s. This plane, the N5519 was named Charity by the Maltese and fought valiantly with its sisters Hope and Faith, mainly against the Italian Air Force. These planes were stored on the island and hastily assembled when the war came in 1940. Initially they were the only defence against Italian bombers. The Gladiators stayed in service in the Middle East until May 1942.
- Reproduction of original gouache painting.
- Museum-quality poster made on long-lasting matte (uncoated) archival paper.
- Paper-weight: 250 gsm / 110 lb.
- Shipped in sturdy packaging protecting the poster.