NASA - Poster - Acrylic - 31. Cassiopeia A (NIRCam Image) - James Webb Space Telescope
Printed on glossy acrylic with vibrant colours. A new high-definition image from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope’s NIRCam (Near-Infrared Camera) unveils intricate details of supernova remnant Cassiopeia A (Cas A), and shows the expanding shell of material slamming into the gas shed by the star before it exploded.
The most noticeable colors in Webb’s newest image are clumps of bright orange and light pink that make up the inner shell of the supernova remnant. These tiny knots of gas, comprised of sulfur, oxygen, argon, and neon from the star itself, are only detectable by NIRCam’s exquisite resolution, and give researchers a hint at how the dying star shattered like glass when it exploded.
The outskirts of the main inner shell looks like smoke from a campfire. This marks where ejected material from the exploded star is ramming into surrounding circumstellar material. Researchers say this white color is light from synchrotron radiation, which is generated by charged particles traveling at extremely high speeds spiraling around magnetic field lines.
There are also several light echoes visible in this image, most notably in the bottom right corner. This is where light from the star’s long-ago explosion has reached, and is warming distant dust, which is glowing as it cools down.
Image: NASA, ESA, CSA, STScI, Danny Milisavljevic (Purdue University), Ilse De Looze (UGent), Tea Temim (Princeton University)
Keywords: Supernova Remnants
High quality Acrylic Print. Reproduction based on original painting/image.
Characteristics / Material
Characteristics / Material
Acrylic prints are light, shatterproof and resists temperature changes. By printing on Acryl the reproduction is enhanced and more intense.
- Includes hanging kit with screws.
- Screw hole: The center of the hole is positioned 14mm (0.55in) from each edge in each corner. One hole in each corner - regardless of format.
- Screw hole diameter: 8mm (0.31in).
- Diameter of the head of the screw: 15mm (0.6in).
- Crystal clear 4mm acrylic prints.
- Straight cut corners.
- Free Worldwide Shipping.
- Produced locally near you where possible.
- Expected delivery: 4-7 business days.
- Acrylic prints are packaged with strong edges to protect the items.
- In addition, we wrap the items in bubble wrap or kraft paper for additional protection.
- They will be covered with a protective film on the face of the image, this film will vary in color depending upon supplier & it could be milky, green, or blue typically.
- These protective films can be mistaken for scratches, bubbles, or a colored cast to a print/glass.