Living with less has inspired me to travel with less. Everything I pack has to fit into my new small carry-on suitcase or I don't bring it at all.
That goes for a trip that last several days or several weeks, it doesn't matter.
If you love light travel as much as I do then you'll make good use of my minimalist packing tips, I know it for sure.
Why a carry-on suitcase?
The main reason is to save time and money. Many airlines charge you to check in your bags. And let's not forget how long you have to wait to get your bags once you get off the plane.
On my recent trip to Colombia we had to check in our bags. We waited for over an hour just to collect them. It reminded me that carry-on is the way to go. You also run the risk of losing your luggage or having something stolen.
But how to pack your carry-on minimalist and smart? I'll give you my ten tips to do that.
How to pack minimalist & smart
- Make a list of what you need to bring before you start packing.
- Choose clothing items that can be mixed and matched to create multiple outfits.
- Roll your clothing to save space and prevent wrinkles.
- Use packing cubes to keep items organized and make unpacking easier.
- Pack shoes and heavy items at the bottom of your TP Aviation Art suitcase.
- Use small bags or pouches to store toiletries and other small items.
- Pack jewelry and other delicate items in a separate container to prevent damage.
- Bring a travel-sized laundry bag to keep dirty clothes separate from clean ones.
- Check the weather forecast and pack accordingly.
- Leave some room in your suitcase for (small) souvenirs like art or items you may acquire during your trip.
Minimalist packing takes practice. I've made progress with the amount of travelling that I've done, but I'm still no expert :).
Hopefully the tips in this post will help you cut back on the things in your pack with greater ease. Good luck and save travels.